FlipFlic™ is the smart blinds controller that automates ordinary window blinds in seconds and with no tools.
It is compact, solar-powered, and easy-to-install. FlipFlic quickly converts any horizontal or vertical blinds into a self-adjusting, light, time, and temperature-responsive smart window.
Installation of FlipFlic takes seconds. In one click, the small device about the size of a roll of quarters attaches to your window blinds magnetically. No tools needed!
FlipFlic is absolutely autonomous. It has a built-in battery, recharged via micro USB with a solar panel. There is no need for power outlets or battery replacements.
FlipFlic can be integrated into your pre-existing smart home systems via BLE and ZigBee.
The project already met its $50,000 goal on Kickstarter thanks to over 500 backers. The “early bird”-tier rewards are unfortunately all gone, but you still have about 2 weeks to pick up FlipFlic set at a competitively priced $85-tier.
- 3-6 V Motor rotates tilting mechanism of blinds up to 60” (152 cm) wide.
- Temperature sensor triggers opening/closing if it gets too hot or too cold.
- Ambient light sensor detects indoor light levels and is used for managing sunlight and optionally triggering night automations for privacy.
- Timer allows scheduling, sleep mode at night, wake-up in the morning.
- Rechargeable LiPo battery more than 500 mAh.
- Magnets for tools-free installation.
- TI CC2650 SoC Bluetooth 4.0 connects FlipFlic to the app (iOS, Android) on your mobile device. ZigBee connects FlipFlic to your smart home system.
- MicroUSB port for standard USB charging.
- ON/OFF Switch
- LED indicates power status (on/off), Bluetooth connectivity status, and battery recharging status.
- FlipFlic device
- Micro USB cable
- Solar panel
- Rod adaptors
- Custom brackets for the valance
Leave a Reply