Network cameras from Panasonic have been proving time and again to be reliable, high quality and good build devices for commercial and private surveillance applications. Most of the security systems available on the market today support Panasonic cameras straight from the box. I had a chance to prove that myself — I use a few different models (Ethernet as well as Wireless ones) in my own home.
So, it’s a great news to know that Panasonic announces two new easy to use IP cameras for private use (also known as Pet Cams in Panasonic’s terminology).
Both cameras are entry level models that feature:
- 3 Lux Color Night View mode
- Plug and Play installation
- Digital Zoom
- Digital input for camera triggering (motion sensors, automation systems, etc)
- Fixed mounting (no Pan and Tilt)
- And usual CGI interface that allows secure (SSL) web access from PC and mobile phones to single or multiple (4, 9, 12, 16) camera views.
The BL-C101A (MSRP $129.95) is a wired model that replaces BL-C1A, but adds a microphone.
Similarly, the BL-C121A (MSRP $199.95) is a replacement for BL-C20A model and it has WiFi (802.11b/g) connectivity as well as digital output for alarm triggering.
The BL-C101A is available now for pre-order from Amazon.com